Thursday, January 13, 2011

Are you looking for ways to use up your yarn scraps?

If you are like me then you kind of dabble in a bit of this and a bit of that.  I have done some Jewelry assembling and modifying.  I have done some sewing.  I kind of get into doing mixed media fiber art.  Sometimes I just need a break from crocheting.  It gives me ideas in other ventures too.

So I made my First youtube video.  This video shows some really amazing Recycled Sari Silk Yarn fiber beads I made using Glue/Homemade Paste, Recycled Sari Silk Yarn scraps and leftovers, repurposed plastic straws (they have been in my cupboard for about 6 years!), and it shows a project idea for an earring.


Here are some photos of the 2 types of earrings I made.

 This is the one you see in my video:  I used reclaimed peacock feathers, one of the "Hard beads", and a leaf from an older pair of earrings. 
I used some jewelry wire, some reclaimed peacock feathers and a "hairy bead" on this one.                                             

I hope you enjoy my First Video, and it inspires you to explore new avenues and to craft greener! 


Shima and Shanti,

Chriss

1 comment:

  1. Great idea - I'm trying to make sure I use up all of my bits and pieces before I buy any more

    ReplyDelete