Friday, March 19, 2010

Sometimes trying something new is inspirational (and frustrating)

Yes, something new.  I have never in all the years I have been crocheting tried to do crocheted appliques.  I have listed one item,  it has some views and a few hearts, too.  Little did I know that applique would soon be application of perspective.  Here I was thinking that it would be easier to sew items and add crocheted appliques or pieces! 

Oh,  by the way, did I tell you?  I was wrong?!  I have been working on two items for what seems like weeks and I am still not done.  I have been enjoying the sewing and getting my skills back up to par.  But I never thought that combining the two would prove to be such an amazing challenge for me.
Going against the Grain has always been appealing to me.  Taking things to the next level.   
Now maybe you are wondering why I have this happy note to my entry? 
Because so often, when we embark on a new journey we only have the destination in mind.  And as you know this is just not the way to get the most out of life.  This journey has taught me so much about my skills, ones that are great and ones that need some work.  It challenges me to be better, to never be satisfied with my best, because my best is actually a matter of perspective.
So, try something new and give yourself the gift of new perspective! 
I love trying new things, even if weeks of work leads to utter failure, frankly it hasn't.  How many times have my ideas not worked out on one tangent but amazing led me to an idea that became a new pattern to sell or a design. 

So be fearless with your inspiration and ideas.  Treat each one as a delicate newborn that needs to be nurtured in order to grow and develop.  
Be passionate in your pursuits, you never know which one is gonna take you to the next level.

Now you tell me how trying to make a new item has taught me this much?  How did I find all this inspiration in material and yarn.

Approach all your projects with passion, even if that means a sharp pair of scissors and an inflamed temper!


Failure isn't failure, unless you give up entirely. 


Luv,
Chriss

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! Thanks for the pick-me-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose you to receive the Sunshine Award! Congratulations!

    Go to my post for more details!
    http://redrubyonfire.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete