Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hats, how I adore them!!!!

How I adore hats.  They can make or break an outfit.........Having an eco friendly hat to wear is really important to me.  My hemp hats are lovely, but hemp isn't always the best choice for a hat.  Hemp is beautiful, has lovely drape, but after washing it can be too drapey.  So I had some t shirts around.  (I do enjoy cutting things up).  And I came up with the t shirt newsboy caps.  ----->

But I wanted something a little more......Classic.

I had bought a pattern a while back from a designer I love, http://www.etsy.com/shop/stubbornwoman ,  and she allows you to sell items based on her patterns as long as she is credited with the design.  I love her shop.  she has some super classy hats.
Now,  I like to make things my own, in case you couldn't tell, and some times my ideas are a little off the beaten path.  I love to create mt own "take" on things.  So here is what I came up with;  a lovely flapper cloche  made from recycled t yarn. I enjoy making yarn from t shirts.  The only problem is making sure I have enough on a certain color to complete a project.
These hats are classy and fun.  Comfortable, breathable, washable, stiff but moldable.  You can fold it up and stash it in your bag, and when you are ready to put it on again it will look great!


Hats are a wonderful and fun accessory and you don't have to lower your standards when it comes to being "green".  More to come soon, so stay posted!

 ~Chriss~
P.S.  Thank you to all my new followers.  :)

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea using the t-shirts!
    The grey cloche is lovely, I like the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower, thanks for the follow on my blog! Cute hats, I too adore them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to salvage clothing! I like the newsboy cap best.

    I've nominated you for the Sunshine Blog Award: http://inspirationalbeading.blogspot.com/2010/02/poster-sketch-power-of-sunshine.html

    ReplyDelete